Nikon D5500 DX-format Digital SLR Dual Lens Kit w/- Nikon AF-P DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR & Nikon AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED Lens

My first DSLR was a Nikon D90 and then I moved to a D7000. I had assorted Nikon lenses and equipment and having reached age 70, I decided to gear down and sell all of my Nikon equipment and buy a good point and shoot. After looking into everything that was available in the point n shoot world, I realized that nothing would take the place of of my D7000; that is until the D5500 was introduced. Between its amazingly light weight, articulating touch screen LCD, WiFi, uniformly positive reviews, light weight collapsing 18-55 vr2 and 55-200vr lenses, as well as an under $1000 price point, I decided that this could be the answer for my purposes as a perfect all around consumer camera. Bottom line, I love this camera and as it has turned out being everything that I had hoped for and more. Beautiful pictures, simple to use, and easy to haul around; there just isn't any downside to owning this camera. Hope this has helped make someones decision a little easier - you just can't go wrong with the D5500.